Tuesday 22 April 2008

"Wizard's Daughter," Catherine Coulter

K. dared me to read this, and I took her up on the dare and... well, I expected something horrific and I wasn't disappointed.

All right, here's what happens... there's this dude, and he's looking for this girl that he sees in his dreams singing some song, and he finds her, and then they get married and have really awful-sounding sex, and then suddenly they're fighting mystery creatures in another dimension, and it sounds like it would be good, but trust me, it isn't. All the characters seem to be the kind of people that in Olden Days would have been restrained from breeding by an interfering government, considering the odd and random way they speak to one another. Also, there's poetry and a pirate ghost and an evil gay guy (I don't even know why I remember this part, except that maybe I was thinking "What could make this romance worse? An evil gay guy? Oh, there he is!") Yeah. "Wizard's Daughter."

Cassie Edwards the plagiarist "Indian" romance writer might still be worse, though. Time for a re-read of "Savage Moon!"

No comments: